Photo 1 of 8Next
Scrabble Tiles (beautiful Number Of Tiles In Words With Friends #1)
Number Of Tiles In Words With Friends was posted at October 5, 2017 at 7:46 pm. This post is uploaded at the Tile category. Number Of Tiles In Words With Friends is tagged with Number Of Tiles In Words With Friends, Number, Of, Tiles, In, Words, With, Friends..
(num′bər),USA pronunciation n.
- a numeral or group of numerals.
- the sum, total, count, or aggregate of a collection of units, or the like: A number of people were hurt in the accident. The number of homeless children in the city has risen alarmingly.
- a word or symbol, or a combination of words or symbols, used in counting or in noting a total.
- the particular numeral assigned to an object so as to designate its place in a series: house number; license number.
- one of a series of things distinguished by or marked with numerals.
- a certain collection, company, or quantity not precisely reckoned, but usually considerable or large: I've gone there a number of times.
- the full count of a collection or company.
- a collection or company.
- a quantity of individuals: Their number was more than 20,000.
- a considerable amount or quantity;
many: Numbers flocked to the city to see the parade.
- metrical feet;
- musical periods, measures, or groups of notes.
- See numbers pool (def. 1).
- the figures representing the actual cost, expense, profit, etc.: We won't make a decision until we see the numbers.
- quantity as composed of units: to increase the number of eligible voters.
- numerical strength or superiority;
complement: The garrison is not up to its full number.
- a tune or arrangement for singing or dancing.
- a single or distinct performance within a show, as a song or dance: The comic routine followed the dance number.
- a single part of a program made up of a group of similar parts: For her third number she played a nocturne.
- any of a collection of poems or songs.
- a distinct part of an extended musical work or one in a sequence of compositions.
- conformity in music or verse to regular beat or measure;
- a single part of a book published in a series of parts.
- a single issue of a periodical: several numbers of a popular magazine.
- a code of numerals, letters, or a combination of these assigned to a particular telephone: Did you call the right number?
- a category of noun, verb, or adjective inflection found in many languages, as English, Latin, and Arabic, used to indicate whether a word has one or more than one referent. There may be a two-way distinction in number, as between singular and plural, three-way, as between singular, dual, and plural, or more.
individual: the attractive number standing at the bar.
- an article of merchandise, esp. of wearing apparel, offered for sale: Put those leather numbers in the display window.
- mathematics regarded as a science, a basic concept, and a mode of thought: Number is the basis of science.
- by the numbers:
- according to standard procedure, rules, customs, etc.;
by the book: We're going to run things here by the numbers.
- together or in unison to a called-out count: calisthenics by the numbers.
- do a number on:
- to undermine, defeat, humiliate, or criticize thoroughly: The committee really did a number on the mayor's proposal.
- to discuss or discourse about, esp. in an entertaining way: She could do a number on anything from dentistry to the Bomb.
- do one's number:
- to give a performance;
perform: It's time for you to get on stage and do your number.
- [Slang.]to behave in a predictable or customary manner: Whenever I call, he does his number about being too busy to talk.
- get or have someone's number, to become informed about someone's real motives, character, intentions, etc.: He was only interested in her fortune, but she got his number fast.
- have one's number on it, to be thought of as the instrument of fate in the death of a person: That bullet had his number on it.
- one's number is (was, will be) up:
- one is (was, will be) in serious trouble.
- one is (was, will be) on the point of death: Convinced that her number was up anyway, she refused to see doctors.
- without number, of unknown or countless number;
vast: stars without number.
- to mark with or distinguish by numbers: Number each of the definitions.
- to amount to or comprise in number;
total: The manuscript already numbers 425 pages.
- to consider or include in a number: I number myself among his friends.
- to count over one by one;
tell: to number one's blessings.
- to mention individually or one by one;
enumerate: They numbered the highlights of their trip at length.
- to set or fix the number of;
limit in number;
make few in number: The sick old man's days are numbered.
- to live or have lived (a number of years).
- to ascertain the number of;
- to apportion or divide: The players were numbered into two teams.
- to make a total;
reach an amount: Casualties numbered in the thousands.
- to be numbered or included (usually fol. by among or with): Several eminent scientists number among his friends.
- to count.
(uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Tiles tile (tīl),USA pronunciation
n., v., tiled, til•ing.
- a thin slab or bent piece of baked clay, sometimes painted or glazed, used for various purposes, as to form one of the units of a roof covering, floor, or revetment.
- any of various similar slabs or pieces, as of linoleum, stone, rubber, or metal.
- tiles collectively.
- a pottery tube or pipe used for draining land.
- Also called hollow tile. any of various hollow or cellular units of burnt clay or other materials, as gypsum or cinder concrete, for building walls, partitions, floors, and roofs, or for fireproofing steelwork or the like.
- a stiff hat or high silk hat.
- to cover with or as with tiles.
(in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
(wûrd),USA pronunciation n.
- a unit of language, consisting of one or more spoken sounds or their written representation, that functions as a principal carrier of meaning. Words are composed of one or more morphemes and are either the smallest units susceptible of independent use or consist of two or three such units combined under certain linking conditions, as with the loss of primary accent that distinguishes black′bird′ from black′ bird′. Words are usually separated by spaces in writing, and are distinguished phonologically, as by accent, in many languages.
- speech or talk: to express one's emotion in words; Words mean little when action is called for.
- the text or lyrics of a song as distinguished from the music.
- contentious or angry speech;
a quarrel: We had words and she walked out on me.
- a short talk or conversation: Marston, I'd like a word with you.
- an expression or utterance: a word of warning.
- warrant, assurance, or promise: I give you my word I'll be there.
information: We received word of his death.
- a verbal signal, as a password, watchword, or countersign.
- an authoritative utterance, or command: His word was law.
- Also called machine word. a string of bits, characters, or bytes treated as a single entity by a computer, particularly for numeric purposes.
- (cap.) Also called the Word, the Word of God.
- the Scriptures;
- the Logos.
- the message of the gospel of Christ.
- a proverb or motto.
- at a word, in immediate response to an order or request;
in an instant: At a word they came to take the situation in hand.
- be as good as one's word, to hold to one's promises.
- eat one's words, to retract one's statement, esp. with humility: They predicted his failure, but he made them eat their words.
- have a word, to talk briefly: Tell your aunt that I would like to have a word with her.
- have no words for, to be unable to describe: She had no words for the sights she had witnessed.
- in a word, in summary;
in short: In a word, there was no comparison.Also, in one word.
- in so many words, in unequivocal terms;
explicitly: She told them in so many words to get out.
- keep one's word, to fulfill one's promise: I said I'd meet the deadline, and I kept my word.
- man of his word or woman of her word, a person who can be trusted to keep a promise;
a reliable person.
- of few words, laconic;
taciturn: a woman of few words but of profound thoughts.
- of many words, talkative;
wordy: a person of many words but of little wit.
- put in a good word for, to speak favorably of;
commend: He put in a good word for her with the boss.Also, put in a word for.
- take one at one's word, to take a statement to be literal and true.
- take the words out of one's mouth, to say exactly what another person was about to say.
- weigh one's words, to choose one's words carefully in speaking or writing: It was an important message, and he was weighing his words.
- to express in words;
select words to express;
phrase: to word a contract with great care.
- my word! or upon my word! (used as an exclamation of surprise or astonishment.)
(with, wiᵺ),USA pronunciation prep.
- accompanied by;
accompanying: I will go with you. He fought with his brother against the enemy.
- in some particular relation to (esp. implying interaction, company, association, conjunction, or connection): I dealt with the problem. She agreed with me.
- characterized by or having: a person with initiative.
- (of means or instrument) by the use of;
using: to line a coat with silk; to cut with a knife.
- (of manner) using or showing: to work with diligence.
- in correspondence, comparison, or proportion to: Their power increased with their number. How does their plan compare with ours?
- in regard to: to be pleased with a gift.
- (of cause) owing to: to die with pneumonia; to pale with fear.
- in the region, sphere, or view of: It is day with us while it is night with the Chinese.
- (of separation) from: to part with a thing.
- against, as in opposition or competition: He fought with his brother over the inheritance.
- in the keeping or service of: to leave something with a friend.
- in affecting the judgment, estimation, or consideration of: Her argument carried a lot of weight with the trustees.
- at the same time as or immediately after;
upon: And with that last remark, she turned and left.
- of the same opinion or conviction as: Are you with me or against me?
- in proximity to or in the same household as: He lives with his parents.
- (used as a function word to specify an additional circumstance or condition): We climbed the hill, with Jeff following behind.
- in with. See in (def. 22).
- with child, pregnant.
- with it:
- knowledgeable about, sympathetic to, or partaking of the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- representing or characterized by the most up-to-date trends, fashions, art, etc.
- with that. See that (def. 10).
(frend),USA pronunciation n.
- a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
- a person who gives assistance;
supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
- a person who is on good terms with another;
a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or foe?
- a member of the same nation, party, etc.
- (cap.) a member of the Religious Society of Friends;
- make friends with, to enter into friendly relations with;
become a friend to.
- [Rare.]to befriend.
Number Of Tiles In Words With Friends have 8 attachments it's including Scrabble Tiles, Number Of Letters In Scrabble Christmas ., Differences Between Words With Friends And Scrabble, Italian Scrabble, Spanish Scrabble, Scrabble By Hasbro Is Exactly What You'd Expect From A Digital Version Of The Popular Scrabble Board Game. Even Though Words With Friends Was Made To Be ., Printable Scrabble Tiles. I Just Saw Great 1st Grade Lesson Where Students Had To Make, German Scrabble. Below are the attachments:
Number Of Letters In Scrabble Christmas .
Differences Between Words With Friends And Scrabble
Scrabble By Hasbro Is Exactly What You'd Expect From A Digital Version Of The Popular Scrabble Board Game. Even Though Words With Friends Was Made To Be .
Printable Scrabble Tiles. I Just Saw Great 1st Grade Lesson Where Students Had To Make
Several Number Of Tiles In Words With Friends made of lumber, a little different from the modern coffeetable that's typically made of lighting metal for example aluminum and stainless steel or perhaps a combination of hardwood and glass. Contemporary coffee table has several types, a lot of the modern coffee-table doesn't have four feet, an original modern coffee-table hails from a sort that was unique.
The right mixture of resources and surfaces, engaging you to utilize a modern coffeetable as furniture while in the family room or family area minimalist. Designed Number Of Tiles In Words With Friends with compartments for storage is made using a rack under the table to truly save it rural, young kids gadgets, magazines or papers.
You can place a coffee table that is modern before the lounge or in a large part near the window. You're able to enjoy a cup of coffee using a buddy or family member while viewing TV or studying the newspaper or invest your days to perform with chess using them.
8 images of Number Of Tiles In Words With Friends
Relevant Posts on Number Of Tiles In Words With Friends